Hey friends!! Here is one of my favorite easy recipes: NRGY Lentil Fajita Tacos!! YUM!! I make this often, and it’s always so delicious! Enjoy:
- -2 cups of dry lentils
- -1 cup of broccoli (chopped)
- -1 cup of red bell peppers (chopped)
- -1 large onion
- -4 cloves of garlic (I LOVE GARLIC)
- -2 bunches of Cilantro
- -3 cups of lettuce
- 3 large tomatoes (chopped)
- -1 block of firm Organic Tofu (optional)
- -2 lemons
- -Your favorite salsa
-Cook 2 cups of lentils in water with NO salt. Season with chili powder & garlic powder. Cook until tender.
- In a seperate pan, water saute the onion & garlic for a few minutes. (Avoid using oil)
-Crumble the tofu with your hands and add to the pan cook for 5-7 minutes
- Add the chopped broccoli & bell pepers & cook for 5-7 minutes (continue adding water if needed)
- Add the lentil in with the veggies & cook for another 5 minutes.
-Pour your favorite salsa before removing from the heat or pour it individually on each taco.
-Pour the juice from 1-2 lemons before serving & give it a toss
- Season with a little salt (I don’t but if you want to you may)
-Serve it inside lettuce to make lettuce wraps or Tortillas (I love Tortillas de Nopal)
-Top it with your chopped “salad”, tomato & your favorite salsa
Like what I’ve shared? Buy me a cup of tea, a wheatgrass shot, a cup of atole, Veggie Juice or Dessert!YUM!