Here is one of my favorite dishes, Vegan Enfrijoladas!! I make these very often!! They’re sooo yummy!
Enfrijoladas stuffed with veggie fajitas: (make as many as needed… this recipe is for about 3 people)
-1 bag of Corn Tortillas
- 1.5 cups of Refried beans (home cooked are best)
-1 yellow bell pepper, sliced for fajitas
-1 large green bell pepper, sliced for fajitas
-1 large red bell pepper, sliced for fajitas
-1 large onion, sliced for fajitas
-3 pieces of chopped garlic
-2 cups of chopped mushrooms
(may sub your favorite type)
- ½ cup of chopped cilantro
-Date Syrup or Agave Nectar
-Your own favorite Fresh salsa
-Chopped lettuce or spinach
-2 sliced Jalapenos (optional)
1) In a pan add 2 tablespoons of water and add the onion & garlic, Cook for a few minutes, then add all of the bell pepper & mushrooms (jalapenos may be added at this point as well) Continue to add tablespoons of water to keep the food from sticking or burning. After they’ve been well cooked add 1table spoon of Date Syrup or Agave and lemon juice to taste. Mix together. May add pepper or turmeric for more taste.
2) In a separate pan heat up your refried beans
3) In your comal heat up your tortillas for 30seconds . Don’t let them overheat
4) Dip your tortilla into the refried beans and allow them to sit for a few seconds to soak up the beans. Then place on a plate & stuff with your fajitas & chopped cilantro. Repeat.
5) Top with extra beans, your favorite salsa & chopped greens like lettuce or spinach
* I sometimes like to top them with vegan cheese (DAIYAis my favorite or stuff them with some crumbled tofu or tempeh)
* If you wish to keep your veggies raw simply chop them up like fajitas and stuff your tortillas
-PEACE & NRGY
Like what I’ve shared? Buy me a cup of tea, a wheatgrass shot, a cup of atole, Veggie Juice or Dessert!YUM!