Hey friends!! YAY, we made it to WEEK 3 of the VEGAN CHICANO DOCTOR’s “Journey to Health”... How are you all doing? Are you noticing the changes? I am!! I’ve been juicing everyday at least once a day for the past 3 weeks, eating big salads, tons of fruit and doing lots of exercise. I have tons of eNeRGY, I’m in a great mood, I have more muscle definition, my mind doesn’t feel cluttered and my body moves more gracefully!! The only negative, is that I accidentally lost 6 lbs (that’s A LOT for my frame), so I’m adding a lot more strength training and less cardio to gain it back. Other than that, it’s going amazing!!
Since it’s been so hot here in LA, I wanted to share one of my favorite treats with all of you, “NRGY Homemade Raw Ice cream”! YUM!! Once you learn how to make this simple version, you’ll be able to get more creative and make your own versions. I’m excited to see what you all come up with!! Here’s the super simple recipe, Enjoy
NRGY HOMEMADE RAW VEGAN ICE CREAM:
-4 frozen bananas
-1.5 cups of frozen fruit (I used peaches)
- 1/2-1 cup of homemade coconut milk (almond milk is also good, if you’re not a strict raw foodist, store-bought is also ok)… don’t add the milk all at once, eye it as it goes in, you don’t want your ice cream to be too watery.
- 2 heaping table spoons of raw almond butter (or more to your liking)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract (optional)
- Add the almond butter & vanilla extract & add more coconut milk if needed.
- Process until you have a thick & creamy ice cream consistency.
- Enjoy right away, or freeze for later. (if enjoying it later, allow it time to thaw as it will be very hard)
- Top with your favorite raw topping & enjoy!
-Peace & NRGY
Like what I’ve shared? Buy me a cup of tea, a wheatgrass shot, a cup of atole, Veggie Juice or Dessert!YUM!