Hey friends!! I want to share one of my favorite drinks with you, HORCHATA!! It’s always hard to find a Vegan version, let alone a processed sugar-free version, so I had to learn to make my own. It’s a twist on the classic popular which uses white rice, milk & processed sugar. It’s a little healthier but still so delicious. Enjoy!
- 2 cups of brown rice
- 8-10+ cups of filtered water
- 1/2 of dates or more if you want it sweeter
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla x-tract (alcohol free)
- 1/2 cup of raw almond butter or 1/2 cup of almonds (soaked over night)
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks
-1.5 teaspoons of powdered cinnamon
- Soak the 2 cups of brown rice with 5 cups of water & 3 cinnamon sticks over night
-Blend all the ingredients together the next day with the rest of the water (do not blend the cinnamon sticks, use powdered cinnamon at this point)
-Strain the horchata through a very thin strainer to extract only the liquid.
-You may add more water to the thick residue of rice,dates & almonds/almond butter to make more Horchata.
- Serve chilled & enjoy!
-Peace & NRGY
Like what I’ve shared? Buy me a cup of tea, a wheatgrass shot, a cup of atole, Veggie Juice or Dessert!YUM!