Hey friends, are you ready for Thanksgiving?? Well, if you’re like me, chances are you’re still scrambling around trying to get things ready. So for my last minute preppers, here’s a super easy & yummy stuffing. BTW this is my first time EVER making an American stuffing, I know, CRAZY!! Well, enjoy, & please share how you & your family liked it. Also, I’d love to hear what your plans are? Are you going out of town? Hosting a big party? Let me know! PEACE!
Thanksgiving Vegetable Medley Stuffing:
Ingredients: (serves 8)
-1/2 chopped yellow onion
-1 minced garlic clove
- 3 cups of shredded kale
- 2 cups of chopped celery
- 2 cups of chopped spinach (if using baby spinach no need to chop)
-2 cups of green beans (I used frozen)
- 2 tofurky sausages
- 2 table spoons of tomato paste or 1/2 cup of tomato sauce ( homemade is best, but whatever you have on hand will be fine)
- 2 chopped medium size green apples (if you’d prefer a sweeter crunch go for some gala apples)
-1.5 cups of Low-sodium veggie broth
- 8 slices of toasted ezekiel sprouted bread OR your favorite bread
- Herbs: 1 teaspoon of dry rosemary, 1 teaspoon of dry basil (if you’re going with fresh which is always best, then do a few chopped up leaves), 1 teaspoon of thyme, a pinch of oregano, & if you’re into spice 1 teaspoon of chili flakes (optional)
1) On a pan add 1.5 teaspoon of coconut oil & add onion after a few seconds of the oil sitting over medium heat
2) After onion begins to brown throw in garlic & herbs. Mix a couple times.
3)After a few minutes, (I bet you’re house is starting to smell delicious!) add the chopped apples, kale & celery . Stir (IF USING TOMATO PASTE, YOU WOULD ADD IT BEFORE THIS STEP. IF USING TOMATO SAUCE, WAIT!)
4) Once the kale starts to look “wet”, which shouldn’t take very long, add the green beans & tofurky. Stir.
5) Meanwhile set your oven to 350, toast your bread & cut bread into small pieces
6) After a few minutes, when the green beans have thawed, add your tomato sauce (If using tomato paste look at step 3)
7) Allow your veggies to cook in the tomato sauce for only a few minutes, you don’t want them to overcook.
8) Turn off heat, throw in chopped spinach & Stir.
9) Transfer your veggies to a baking pan, add your veggie broth & THEN add your bread “crumbs”/small pieces of bread to the top.
10) Bake for 20 minutes.
11) Remove from the oven, and right before serving, mix the bread with the veggies. This will allow them to maintain a crunch but still have absorbed the juices.
12) Garnish with some parsley & enjoy!!!!
*As always, I invite you to PLAY with your food & modify the recipe to your liking. If you want to add more of this or less of that, feel free!!!! You & your family will be the ones enjoying this dish so you want to make sure it is to your liking.
-PEACE & NRGY
(Don’t forget to check out VeganChicanoDoctor for great medical/health tips and Dr. Ray’s own personal journey)
Like what I’ve shared? Buy me a cup of tea, a wheatgrass shot, a cup of atole, Veggie Juice or Dessert!YUM!